MONASTERY HEALTH FAIR
Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:00AM to 3:00PM
THE HEALTH FAIR OFFERS FREE MEDICAL SCREENINGS:
Screenings begin at 10:00 AM and end at 2:00 PM
With the collaboration of a generous team of medical professionals, doctors, nurses, medical technicians, and volunteer staff, all friends of the monastery, the monastery aims to help empower the residents of our community-at-large to take charge of their health. The health fair targets area-residents. However, there are no boundaries when it comes to participants. People from all walks of life and income levels can participate in this health fair.
List of the Screenings that will be available.
• Vision screening (children included)
• Dental/Oral (children included)
• Skin screening - Dermatologist
• Bone Density (for those over 50 years old)
• Blood pressure screening
• Body Mass Index (BMI)
• Depression screening
• Pregnancy Aid Clinic pregnancy tests and limited STD testing
• Blood sugar (must fast for 4 hours prior)
• Cholesterol (must fast for 4 hours prior)
• EKGs & ABI (ankle-brachial index) (Blood clots)
• Foot and ankle screening
• Body position & posture (chiropractor)
• Flu shots
• Massage therapy
• Resources on personal health and wellness
• Nutritional Information & Seminars
There is no charge for medical screenings, and parking is also free.
For more information call Brother Callistus 678-964-2237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This Health Fair helps connect the community with the service providers who have a mandate to improve the health of the underprivileged but sometimes have difficulty reaching them. It is our hope that this outreach reflects the unique personality and character of the Monastery of the Holy Spirit, which essentially is one of Hospitality.
Check back here for updated information.