About Your Visit
If you are coming with a group larger than 12 people you are encouraged to call and make a reservation to ensure our staff is prepared for you. To check availability or to schedule your group visit, please call the Retreat House staff at 770-760-0959.
Self-Guided Tour Activities
There is so much to do and see at the Monastery, some of the many activities our guests enjoy on their visits include:
- A self-guided tour of the Monastic Museum at the Visitor Center and watch the video about the life of the monks at the Monastery
- Visit the Abbey Church and join the monks for mass, mid-day prayer or vespers
- Learn about the art of Bonsai and shop for unique garden gifts at The Monastery Garden Center
- Visit the Abbey Store, enjoy a cup of coffee or a snack at the Cafe and review one of our many books about faith and Christianity
- Take a walk and explore some of the many unique features of the Monastery which include:
- the Prayer Walk where you can learn about Cistercian Saints
- Magnolia Lane
- Feed the ducks at the Monastery Lakes
- Make the Stations of the Cross at the Monastery Stations along the lake
- Plan a bike ride or walk along the Rockdale River trail through the Monastery property.
Lunch Boxes available:
For groups of 12 or more, you can order wholesome and healthy lunch box choices. You will need to order at least four days in advance. Click here to see the LUNCH MENU choices.
- The Monastery Visitor Center is open Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Monastery grounds are open to the public every day.
- The following scheduled Monastery services are open to the public every day.
4:30 AM Vigils
7:00 AM Morning Prayer and Mass
12:15 PM Midday Prayer
5:20 PM Vespers (Evening Prayer)
7:30 PM Compline (Night Prayer)
- Guests touring the Visitor Center and Abbey Church should allow between 2 and 3 hours for a visit. We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Admission is free, but if you’d like to donate, donation boxes are available in the Visitor Center lobby.
- Free parking is available including auto, bus, RV and disabled spaces.
- Visitors need to provide their own strollers and wheelchairs
- Cameras are permitted in the exhibit areas and the church. Please refrain from taking pictures during the church services and flash is not allowed at any time.
- Alcoholic beverages and firearms are not permitted on the property; smoking is not allowed.
- Check out our reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp. If you enjoy your experience, we'd love to hear about it!