Because coronavirus transmission has become more widespread in our area, and to protect our local community and patrons, the monastery will enact the following temporary measures.
- We will be offering special prayers for those who contract the coronavirus and for a quick end to the pandemic.
- As of Monday, March 16, we closed our Retreat House, the Abbey Store, the Garden Shop, the Museum, and the Heritage Center until further notice. We regret that the food bank will not operate during this period. These facilities will reopen when the coronavirus pandemic subsides and we are advised by appropriate experts and authorities that it is safe to conduct normal business and for people to meet in groups in public places.
- UPDATE Friday, March 26: Due to the continued spread of COVID-19 in Georgia, the Archdiocese of Atlanta extended the suspension of the public Masses through Divine Mercy Sunday, April 19.
- UPDATE Saturday, April 4. We suspended all public access to the monastery property until further notice. The chapel is closed.
- Again, let us emphasize that these are temporary measures. We are taking these measures at this time in the hope that with widespread measures like these, the coronavirus pandemic will soon end.
During this health crisis, let's remember that God is with us in all circumstances. Let's also remember that the best way to show our love for Him is to show our love and concern for one another. May God see us through these difficult times, comfort the sick and grow our faith, hope and love. May God grant us evermore His kindness and consolation.