About Your Visit
If you a coming as a group larger than 12 people you are encouraged to call and make a reservation to insure our staff is prepared for you. To check availability or to schedule your group visit, please call the Retreat House staff at 770-760-0959.
Self-Guided Tour Activities
There is so much to do and see at the Monastery, some of the many activities our guests enjoy on their visits include:
- A self-guided tour of the Monastic Museum at the Visitor Center and watch the video about the life of the monks at the Monastery
- Visit the Abbey Church and join the monks for mass, mid-day prayer or vespers
- Learn about the art of Bonsai and shop for unique garden gifts at The Monastery Garden Center
- Visit the Abbey Store, enjoy a cup of coffee or a snack at the Cafe and review one of our many books about faith and Christianity
- Take a walk and explore some of the many unique features of the Monastery which include:
- the Prayer Walk where you can learn about Cistercian Saints
- Magnolia Lane
- Feed the ducks at the Monastery Lakes
- Make the Stations of the Cross at the Monastery Stations along the lake
- Plan a bike ride or walk along the Rockdale River trail through the Monastery property.
Lunch Boxes available:
For groups of 12 or more you can order wholesome and healthy lunch box choices. You will need to order at least 4 days in advance. Click here to see the LUNCH MENU choices.
- The Monastery Visitor Center is open Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Monastery grounds are open to the public every day.
- The following scheduled Monastery services are open to the public every day.
4:30 AM Vigils
7:00 AM Morning Prayer and Mass
12:15 PM Midday Prayer
5:20 PM Vespers (Evening Prayer)
7:30 PM Compline (Night Prayer)
- Guests touring the Visitor Center and Abbey Church should allow between 2 and 3 hours for the visit. We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Admission is free but if you’d like to make a donation, donation boxes are available in the Visitor Center lobby.
- Free parking is available including auto, bus, RV and disabled spaces.
- Visitors need to provide their own strollers and wheel chairs
- Cameras are permitted in the exhibit areas and in the church. Please refrain from taking pictures during the church services and flash is not allowed at any time.
- Alcoholic beverages and firearms are not permitted on the property, smoking is not allowed.
- Check out our reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp. If you enjoy your experience, we'd love to hear about it!